Burst pipe – What shall we do before calling a plumber

First call the plumber, tell him the problem, ask for instructions.
In the meantime turn off the mains water, the stopcock is where the water come into your home, often under kitchen sink.
If this stops the water leaking the problem is between the stopcock and your water storage tank. If the water is still leaking then you need to turn of the valves on your cold water storage tank and drain your system as quickly as possible turn on the hot and cold taps to do this. Turn off your central heating. As a warning don’t touch wet electrics, if the electrics are getting wet turn them off at the main fuse board.

Posted in: Plumbing related questions

24/7 Plumbing Emergency

Watertech offers 24/7 plumbing emergency services such as burst pipes, broken pumps, faulty boilers, leaking taps and more.

If you have a water-related problem in your home or office,

Call Watertech

086 347 2412